martes, 21 de octubre de 2008

" The Pit and The Pendulum "

Hi K!! XP

It's me again... having nothing better to do than your homework...

About the story:

Gosh! Have we read this story a thousand times!! I like Poe, though, I agree with Gaychuz: his best is "The Fall of the House of Usher", there's more action with the same amount of suspense mixed and the atmosphere (I don't know why) can be like more... felt. Whatever, that's for another occasion.

I like Poe: his plenitude of details... every word, in fact, hides a meaning that must be decoded in order to really feel what's going on there. The backgrounds (both historical and cultural) that he picks are outstanding, the horror and uncertainty (like in this case) involving them really gives the shakes to anybody, for at least a moment.

I like it, I like it, and I'm not that sadistic (ahem...) but I really love the intrigue, the double-sense words and objects and occasions, and all the symbols that are represented! Oh! The symbols! I've been thinking about some aspects of the setting lately. Was Poe really reffering to the pit as the abyss of uncertainty and darkness within us, denied by our most coward side? ...Or is it just me? I have so much to think and consider about!

Yeah, I'm loving it. The cadence, the rythm, the suspense... it kills me. It really does. In this story, by example, I hate so much that the narrator is always scared. What a dreadful condition to be in! If he would have been a little bird, he would have died long before. He's always consuming himself with fear and horror. It reaches a poin when it's boring and tiring. -.- Dying would be the option, though, but that wouldn't be fun, right Poe? So, let's say it's necessary. And, much more, it's the characteristic of Poe's characters.

So, I think that's all. I would also love to make a psicological profile about Poe. What was so wrong with him? What's HIS story? ...Yeah, that would definetly be fun. muahaha

No hay comentarios: